Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Flea Market Time!



My husband and I went to the Cherry Auction.  It is a flea market that happens twice a week.  Most of the folks that sell here are the mexican people from mexico.  They have great prices and great food.  If you like that kind of food.  My husband had five tacos today and wanted more but knew he needed to slow down. 

There are interesting kinds of snacks to choose from.  Some of it is kind of tasty and well, some is not so good.  I like the corn on the cob they sell here.  It is a hot corn on the cob sprinkled with this feta type cheese, lemon juice, and chili pepper. It reminds me of a creamed corn salad. 



There are so many things to see out there.  Some sell nothing but new goods from mexico and some sell used stuff.  I mostly go for the used items.  A lot of vintage treasures out there.  I love to go through the toy stashes and see what I can find.  My kids love to come but they don't always get to of coarse.  Sometimes I need a little concentration if you know what I mean. I see a lot of cool toys of which some are vintage but if you're missing people to a doll house or cars to a road set, this is one place your bound to complete your sets.



 Just too much fun with so many things and it seems with so little time to look.  Before I know it, its getting late and its time to go home. I love to go through boxes and bins of old watches and jewelry.  Great arts and crafting paraphernalia out there! Not just the jewelry, but the sewing items.  I went through this box of buttons.  There were all kinds of them, old and new. The guy wanted 20 for a $1.  Not bad when you can find some that look like jewels.



Some of its old and some new.  Just too much stuff!  But I love it.
My husband found him some knives that were $2 a piece.  He bought one.  Thats one of his passions. 


It was a fun day with just my husband and me.  I'll be dreaming about it for a night or two.
Well that was my flea market trip I wanted to share.  And the following are a few of the things I brought home with me today.

A complete set of alphabet punches. $3

Can't touch this.  I just couldn't leave him.  She wanted $2 but I paid $1. This is a memory of my teenage years.  This doll will be considered vintage on Etsy next month!  He's copyrighted 1991.  OMG I'm getting old.

Art food

23 k encrusted gold 

Yummy vintage watches. 


1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I haven't been to the Cherry auction in ages! I too live in the central valley... Fresno. Howdy neighbor!

    ReplyDelete