Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vintage Story Flip Dolls

Do any of you folks out there remember these dolls.  I used to own several when I was a child back in the seventies. You flip the cloth to reveal more faces and more words to the story.  It has four faces per doll.  These dolls are Jack N the Beanstalk and Snow White.  I just purchased another one on Etsy which is not shown here (Little Red Ridding Hood).  These dolls I happen to get from a Flickr friend.
 One day while I was on a photo binge, I came across a picture of a collection of Flip-a-face dolls.  I had just bought my first one on Etsy and wanted to search for more.  I typed in "flip face doll" on google and selected images and the flickr picture came up.  I had to make a comment to let her know that I just started my collection and admired hers very much.  About 2 weeks later, she contacted me and asked if I'd be willing to give Jack and Snow White a new home.  OMG!!!!!

You all know the end of the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment