Wednesday, November 24, 2010

At the Last Minute


One busy Saturday when it was getting late, I was driving around to see if I could find any yard sales left.  Around here, the yard sales end around 12-1pm.  I spotted one and hoped to find a little something.  When I drove up, I could see that they were about sold out.  Just a few odds and ends were hanging around.  The good thing about hunting at the very last minute is, that most of these people want to get rid of it so they practically give it to you by the prices they go down to.  I picked up a spool of vintage lace for $1, a tape recorder that possibly didn’t work for 25cents, a skirt for my daughter for $1, and then I spotted this chain full of these little wooden block samples.  Oh the crafting ideas that went through my mind in about 3 seconds!  I got them all for 25 cents.  These are tags I made to go on some of the items I sell on Etsy.  

This was a hanging piece I wanted for my room and picture props.  It came out just the way I wanted.


As for the tape recorder, the man said that he couldn’t get it to work.  He just put in 4 new AA batteries and I could take it home for a quarter.  He said, “Maybe you can get it to work.  If not, you get 4 new AA batteries for 25 cents!”  I couldn’t beat that.  Well bless his little heart for putting the batteries in wrong.  It works fine! I recorded my oldest daughter (now 15) when she was younger, and I had been wanting to play them again.   How cute she sounded!  That made my day.



No comments:

Post a Comment