Thursday, May 26, 2011

Upcycled Diva Headbands!!! You can make.

I've been wanting to try this for a long time and finally got around to doing it. I must say, they came out more better then what I thought. And now I want to share how to make them with everyone! This is my first tutorial ever!  Lets get started, shall we?

You will need:
E-6000 glue or hot glue
Bling bling dress with all kinds of sequins
felt to match dress (in this case, black)
headband stretchy or the one that goes half way around the head
a pair of scissors (preferably fine ones)

This is the dress I used. I love the sequins on this one. It was perfect for this project.

You will need to cut around the designs and careful that you don't cut the thread holding the sequins together. That is why I prefer to use fine scissors because it is easier not to cut the thread. If you happen to cut through the thread,  before it comes loose, glue the thread down on the back. That will help it from coming unraveled.

Next, you want to glue the embellishment onto the felt. Arrange them how you like.


Once the the glue dries, you will cut around the sequins.

Then last but not least, glue the it all to the headband and seal it with another pice of felt over it (not shown in picture).


The stretch one can be worn the regular way or hippie style. If you think it fits a little snug, no need to worry, you can always cut the band before you glue it onto the sequins.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and attempt to make one yourself.  Thank your for looking. Please leave comments I would love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you on the Christian Mom Etsy team! Stopping by to show some blog follow love! Hope you can stop by my blog: www.manoymetal.blogspot.com too! I love networking with fellow creative moms! :D

    Have a wonderful week!
    Des.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I havent been updating my blog but hope to soon. I just read your comment. I will check our your blog

    ReplyDelete